— light, letter and sound
I’m Cole. I make photographs, write code, and sculpt sounds. I was born in Canada, and am currently based in London, England.
I have been a lover of photography for nearly as long as I can remember. Since late 2014, I have been photographing the streets and landscapes of my adopted home in the UK, in addition to other locations across Europe and Canada.
I write code during the day, combining 15+ years of experience and practice in design with a more recent focus on front-end development.
I also create the occasional album of music.
This website primarily acts as a point of reference for my photography.
New Work at The Classic Camera
For the month of October, a selection of my photographs will be exhibited at The Classic Camera in London. On display are eight prints from my new book and another eight previously unseen prints captured on the streets of London. You’ll also find copies of ‘32 Frames from the North of Italy’ available for purchase at a discounted price, of course in addition to a lovely selection of cameras, lenses, and accessories.Get directions to The Classic Camera
32 Frames from the North of Italy
One camera, one lens, one week, one country. Thirty-two moments in monochrome.
32 Frames from the North of Italy is a concise travelogue, captured spontaneously during a week’s road trip through sprawling landscapes, humming street corners, darkened shorelines and claustrophobic alleys of old-world architecture.
Shot in a unique documentary style and rendered in a deep greyscale palette, the images promise to grab hold of armchair travellers, street photography enthusiasts and art lovers alike.Get the book now Learn more about the book
- Black Monday
- Polish women in London protest the proposed criminalisation of abortion in their homeland
- 32 Frames from the North of Italy
- My second book of photographs.
- We Are the Future
- London youth respond to the UK-EU referendum. Published in PRIVATE Photo Review’s Your EUrope series, July 2016.
- Maximum Black
- Bohren & der Club of Gore at Union Chapel, 21 May 2016
- My submission to Magnum Photo Awards 2016, hosted by Lens Culture
- Coming Home to the Leica M
- On rangefinder photography and the Leica M Typ 262
- Images Pour Rien
- 1 year, 100 photographs of people, places, and presences.
- Between Light and Shadow
- Words and photographs on life in black and white; sisterMAG no. 23, February 2016
- End Austerity Now
- Photographs from a colossal protest
Thanks for visiting.
Photographs and other content are © 2016 Cole Peters, and may not be reproduced without permission.