— light, letter and sound
I’m Cole. I make photographs, write code, and sculpt sounds. I was born in Canada, and am currently based in London, England.
I have been a lover of photography for nearly as long as I can remember. Since late 2014, I have been photographing the streets and landscapes of my adopted home in the UK, in addition to other locations across Europe and Canada.
I write code during the day, combining 15+ years of experience and practice in design with a more recent focus on front-end development.
I also create the occasional album of music.
This website primarily acts as a point of reference for my photography.
32 Frames from the North of Italy
One camera, one lens, one week, one country. Thirty-two moments in monochrome.
In July of 2016, we touched down into the swelter of the Italian summer.
Knowing little of the country and even less of the language, I let my camera guide my steps as we travelled through Pisa, Gavi, Bergamo, Verona, and around the Southern half of Lake Garda.
I didn’t know what to expect from Italy, but what I came back with were some of the most evocative photographs I’ve had the pleasure of making.
’32 Frames from the North of Italy‘ will be available September 2016.
- We Are the Future
- London youth respond to the UK-EU referendum. Published in PRIVATE Photo Review’s Your EUrope series, July 2016.
- Maximum Black
- Bohren & der Club of Gore at Union Chapel, 21 May 2016
- My submission to Magnum Photo Awards 2016, hosted by Lens Culture
- Coming Home to the Leica M
- On rangefinder photography and the Leica M Typ 262
- Images Pour Rien
- 1 year, 100 photographs of people, places, and presences.
- Between Light and Shadow
- Words and photographs on life in black and white; sisterMAG no. 23, February 2016
- End Austerity Now
- Photographs from a colossal protest
Thanks for visiting.
Photographs and other content are © 2016 Cole Peters, and may not be reproduced without permission.